With just 4 months to go until the Bernard Loiseau Culinary Festival gets underway next March. Chefs from different parts of the world have been taking part in the final pre-selection event. The next Bernard Loiseau Culinary Festival 2012 will be an exceptional festival, with one candidate taking part from each of the resorts. In last November, all candidates were tasked with preparing a starter and a main course, all using the same ingredients.
For the appetizer
- Shrimps 21/25
- Olive oil
- Bell pepper
For the main course
- Fillet of fresh red snapper
- Sweet potato
- Coconut milk
For the pre-selection itself envolves 4 jury members for each resort. The rules and regulations, the timing, and the ingredients were the same. The task was for each candidate to express his technique and creativity, and aim to impress the jury members.
The judging criteria includes :
- Hygiene (Grooming, work flow, cleanliness, respect of hygiene standards) – out of 20 points
- Respect of culinary techniques –out of 20 points
- Organisation – out of 20 points
- Fair-play attitude – out of 20 points
- Timing – out of 20 points