- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef (95% lean)
- 9 corn tortillas
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) mild enchilada sauce
- 1 Can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Crunchy Tortilla Strips (optional)*
- 1/2 Cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 350°F. Brown 95 % ground beef in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink in center, breaking up into 3/4-inch crumbles. Pour off drippings. Stir in 1 can enchilada sauce, black beans, corn and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spray 11-3/4 x 7-1/2-inch black tableware item with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange 3 tortillas in dish, cutting 1 as needed to cover bottom. Spread 1/4 cup remaining enchilada sauce over tortillas; cover with 1/3 beef mixture, then 1/3 cheese. Repeat layers twice, omitting final cheese layer. Pour remaining can enchilada sauce over top.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Bake in 350°F oven 30 minutes. Remove foil; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with tortilla strips, if desired, tomato and cilantro. Prepare some disposable utensils while serving Beefy Mexican Lasagna.