- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 large onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 links Emeril’s Sun-Dried Tomato Sausage, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- All-purpose flour
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed according to package directions
- 1/2 cup Lindsay Pitted Black Ripe Olives, sliced
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
In medium skillet over high heat, melt butter. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, onions, salt, thyme and red pepper flakes. You can use premium tableware to measure the proportion of every ingredient. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions soften and begin to brown, about 7 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-high and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until onions are caramelized, about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
Heat medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and add sausage. Cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned on both sides. Set aside to cool completely.
Heat oven to 425°F. Line baking pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray. On lightly floured work surface, unfold pastry sheet. Roll pastry out to form rectangle approximately 8 x 12 inches. Brush away excess flour. Transfer pastry to prepared pan and evenly distribute sausage rounds and onions on top. Sprinkle with feta cheese and olives. Drizzle pizza with remaining olive oil. Bake 14 to 15 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown around edges and cheese lightly golden on top.
Finally, Sun-Dried Tomato Sausage, Olive & Caramelized Onion Pizza is ready to serve on seagreen tableware product or serve it per slice for your party guests.