Beef broth delivers a flavor bonus to the rice when cooked with ground beef on this Spanish Beef and Raisin.
- 3/4 pound ground beef (85% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can Swanson® Beef Broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- Cook beef, onion and pepper in skillet until beef is browned. Pour off fat.
- Add broth, tomato sauce, chili powder and garlic. Heat to a boil. Stir in rice. Cover and cook over low heat 20 minutes or until rice is done. Serve with cheese and sour cream if desired.
This is simple yet tasty. Instead of the spices you can substituted a packet of taco seasoning for a different taste, serve in nice white tableware.