Melanzane Fritte is unusual recipe of eggplants. Making it more tasty by using cheese and eggs etc.a
Recipe Type: Side
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Melanzane Fritte can be used as a side dish. it has nutritional importance because of te presence of eggplants, eggs and cheese.
- 2 medium eggplants, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil
- Coarse kosher salt to taste
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, optional
- Lemon wedges
- Begin as for Melanzane alla Parmigiano by arranging some of the eggplant slices in a layer, in a colander placed over dish, and sprinkle very generously all over with salt. Add another layer of slices and sprinkle very generously with salt.
- Repeat this layering until all the slices have been used.
- Set aside to let the bitter juices weep from the eggplant into the dish below, about 1 hour.
- Discard the bitter liquid captured in the dish.
- Rinse the eggplant well under cold running water, to remove all the salt.
- Transfer eggplant to a work surface and blot very dry with paper towels.
- Place some of the breadcrumbs in a lipped plate, in preparation for breading the eggplant slices.
- In another dish, place the beaten eggs.
- One at a time, dip the eggplant slices in the egg, then dredge in the breadcrumbs. Shake off any excess breading and transfer the breaded eggplant slices to another dish.
- Repeat until all the remaining eggplant slices have been breaded.
- In a large straight sided skillet, pour the oil to a depth of 1/2 inch.
- Heat the oil over medium heat until it registers 400 degrees.
- Dont rush it, if the oil isnt hot enough, the eggplant will absorb excess oil and become greasy.
- Working in small batches, fry the breaded eggplant slices, turning once, until golden brown, about 3 minutes per batch.
- Using tongs, transfer to a paper towel lined draining dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Optionally, add Parmigiano Reggiano cheese to taste.
- Further transfer to a serving platter, keep fried, drained eggplant warm in a warm oven while frying and draining, the remaining slices.
- Repeat until all the remaining eggplant slices have been fried.
- Serve warm accompanied by lemon wedges.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe