- 4 ounces bacon, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 small leeks, trimmed and chopped
- 1 large onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 large carrot, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups Wolfgang Puck Organic Free Range Chicken Broth
- 3 large Russet potatoes, cut into cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese (about 8 ounces)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh chives
- Cook bacon in a 4-quart saucepan which is one of seagreen tableware products over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from saucepan. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon drippings. Add butter to saucepan and cook and stir until melted.
- Add leeks, onion, carrot and garlic to saucepan and cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Add flour and cook and stir for 2 minutes. Gradually stir in broth.
- Add potatoes and heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender and the broth mixture is thickened.
- Stir cream and cheese in saucepan and cook until cheese is melted. Season with black pepper. Crumble bacon. Sprinkle soup with bacon and chives before serving it on black tableware item